Tuesday 31 May 2011

Gringotts

I've found Gringotts, the wizard's bank! Well, sorta... There's this bank - Westpac - in Toowoomba's CBD (Central Business District) that completely reminded me of Gringotts from Harry Potter, except that the bank is terra cotta in color rather than white marble.


I know. It's a bit of a stretch, but oftentimes these historical buildings that have "bank" or whatever on them don't really hold what they're supposed to. This one did. I mean, it looks like what a bank ought to look like. I thought it was interesting. A more complete view of the bank below...

Also, some pictures that I took of the city's CBD. It's late autumn leading into winter so you can still see some trees that show a change in color of the leaves. Not quite New England, but still very nice.







No comments:

Post a Comment