Saturday 7 May 2011

Welcome to Australia

So, I finally started the blog that everyone wanted me to. Today is my 9th day here; first day blogging. I thought I would start off with an image. Target is spelled with a period. It still blows my mind.

I will upload some more pictures later. Haven't gone around as much as I would like. Not having a car is probably one reason. I did get a Queensland drivers licence... pretty awesome. Right now it's the interim piece of paper one. The real one arrives in less than two weeks. Cool.

4 comments:

  1. Interesting...so technically target australia and target corp are unrelated. The company that purchased the chains of department stores (then under a different name) just bought rights to the target logo. That might explain the extra period and why they're not as big as or sell the same things as Target here. Costco though, in Australia, is actually Costco.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't be surprised when you go to Target and it's not like the US. They might not have laundry detergent or toothpaste. More like clothes and electronics. Weird, eh? So glad you made it safely, and are settling in! Make sure you visit some cool places before starting work. Hmmmm, like Whitsunday Islands. Paradise.
    ~cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, so happy to hear from Grant.

    Do other stores do that, too?
    McDonalds.
    Barber shop.
    Farmer's Market.

    Or is it just because when you go to Target that's all you need?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just Target. I haven't stepped foot into either MacDonald's or KFC. They also have Burger King, but it's called Hungry Jack's instead.

    ReplyDelete