Friday 27 May 2011

Brisbane

I went down to Brisbane a few days ago. Run a few errands, see the city, get my iPhone taken care of. It was a rainy day (no, there was no flooding) and the city itself reminds me a lot of Boston. There's a main river that runs through the city like the Charles River. There are skyscrapers all over the place, streets at odd angles, and many many one-way streets. Parking is a nightmare and pricey. There is a nightlife though as there were plenty of streetwalkers around. There were several young Japanese girls, too... or Taiwanese. I can't decide. Sadly, I did forget my camera, so I have posted images that share a similar facsimile to what I saw.






The only real shame about Brisbane? It's a good hour and forty minutes from Toowoomba, so although weekend trips are feasible, it can get a bit tiring if done repeatedly.

1 comment:

  1. um...what are you doing checking out taiwanese/japanese girls? :O

    ReplyDelete