Tuesday 10 May 2011

Houses


Houses in Toowoomba are kinda interesting. The older ones look like British colonial plantation homes... except without the plantation part. Metal corrugated roofs for potential inclement weather. The newer houses look closer to what you would expect in the States with a tiled roof. We're living in the less desirable part of town, but by Los Angeles standards, it's rather nice. I guess it's all relative.
Driving on the left side of the road has actually been alright. I think the toughest part is remembering which direction to look when changing lanes. I feel the left side of the car has grown significantly and the right side has shrunk (which for all intents and purposes has). I kinda feel like James Bond... except not. I'm positive it's the Aston Martin and not the driving on the other side of the road...
In Australia, beginning drivers must display an L plate on the front and back of the car. Essentially, this designates them to everyone, "Watch out, I'm a noob." Afterwards, they get upgraded to a P plate (subdivided into P1 and P2, again front and back of car) before they graduate to an open licence, which is a general drivers licence. No L or P for me, thanks!

1 comment:

  1. i like how you often compare yourself to james bond. admit it, he is your role model. :P

    ReplyDelete