Tuesday 5 July 2011

Oz

Sometimes I reflect on how I ended up in Australia and then I really do feel like Dorothy in The Wizard of Oz, except without the whining... I even have a dog, but for all reference purposes my dog got blown off track to Sydney for the time being (quarantine... he doesn't have rabies, people!). I wonder if he feels the same way. I imagine he does. I've been told that he seems to be waiting for his owners to pick him up. :(

I write this blog so I can stay in touch with people even if the means of communication is one-sided (e.g. I write blog, they read blog) for the time-being. I know my folks hope to settle down with a house soon. A house of their own. Once they settle down, then I can feel that I can settle down. Until then, this is what I need to do. I believe this is the right thing to do.

We picked up the ute from the dealer a couple of days ago. I need to take it into the Toyota dealer for a routine full service check up. Maybe they can also find that squeak that I've noticed since taking delivery of the car. The car has full coverage under a statutory warranty, so now is the time to find out where it's coming from. As I was driving the ute back, I must say that I did reflect, "I'm driving a diesel pick-up worth $30,000 AUD (over $50,000 AUD brand new!) in Australia... how did I get to this point?" There was a surreal moment. The only person I know who drives a pick-up is Eri, whom I must say I still have a hard time seeing in a pick-up, although I have seen it for myself from the passenger's seat.

Anyways, I shall let wisdom be my guide in doing what is right. I try to look at life less seriously. Everything around us is temporary. So why take it so seriously and let it bother us? Everything from a car and a house to a cup. One day, these things will no longer exist in some form or fashion. The car can get stolen, the house sold, the cup broken. What is "yours" one day may not be another day. The less serious we see things and less hung up we are on these things, I think the happier we will be and the less suffering we will impose on ourselves. What has passed is the past. There is nothing that can be done about it anymore. What is the present is the task at hand. The future is not yet here, but we should be aware that it will become the present at some point. Just some thoughts...
Lotus flowers make me happy. They symbolize so much of the innate good in each and every one of us. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment