Thursday 14 July 2011

Ho'oponopono

I was reading a book about this and found many things here that were good to share.

Ho'oponopono more or less means "to make right" in Hawaiian (I am open to correction). It is an ancient Hawaiian practice of reconciliation and forgiveness. Applying it to oneself, there are some ideas to take away to help each of us. The first is to approach everyone and everything - most importantly ourselves - with:

"I love you."
"I'm sorry."
"Please forgive me."
"Thank you."

These are powerful words. If we said these words to ourselves, we would exert a lot of positive energy upon ourselves. If we said these words to others, we would exert a lot of positive energy upon others. Looking at it from another angle, why not have a positive view on life rather than a negative one?

No comments:

Post a Comment