Monday 1 August 2011

The first day...

... of work was... challenging. The oddest thing that I will say coming out of my first day is that I love the people in the ED? This is a very hard concept to grasp for anyone coming out of UCLA. Sure, I guess some work ups could have progressed farther before being handed over to me. But everyone was really nice and understanding at my inefficiency. If anything, I felt really bad for plugging up and slowing down their bed movements and I felt really bad for the patients who had to stay in the ED longer than they had to. Adjusting to a whole new national medical system was really hard today, and I am just at the tip of the iceberg as far as medications used and not used. Perhaps the most pleasing thing for me is how I remained grateful, humble, and smiling in spite of the day when in a past life I might have given in to disgruntled feelings. But I didn't have a single one. Just grateful, humble, apologetic ones. Tomorrow is another day. I am grateful for each day.

Medication brand name crossover of the day:
Resonium = Kayexalate (sodium polystyrene sulfate)

No comments:

Post a Comment