Monday 13 June 2011

Mud

Things have been really busy recently so I haven't had time to update the blog. Nothing particularly interesting has happened... except maybe Saturday. We were going out into the bush and looking at land and found our way into this muddy grove. My mum and I were passengers in this Toyota Landcruiser with all terrain tyres, which would seem safe, but alas, we got stuck in the mud... for a good 2 hours. We tried everything. Mud is a lot tougher to deal with than snow. I didn't bring a camera (thank goodness). All of our clothes were muddied up. Since I didn't take a picture, I'll show a similar picture... except we were off the road in the bush.
One of us had to go and find a farm for help. Back that person came with a 14-year-old farm boy. I must say, he was really calm and mature about the whole situation. I was rather impressed, but I guess it makes sense on a farm since they have responsibilities that force them to grow up earlier than their city counterparts. Anyway, he came by with a ute (a.k.a. pick up), but then decided he needed more heft and came back with a full-size tractor, which finally did the trick. It was an interesting experience and I'm just grateful nothing bad happened. But now, I want a real 4x4 ute with real all terrain tyres. I'll pass on the Toyota Camry, thanks.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, sounds like you had an interesting taste of the outback! Glad you made it out ok.

    ReplyDelete