Saturday 30 March 2013

Maui Day 4

Took a flight to Maui to see my friends there. It's only a 35 minute flight. About $65 one way. Overall not too bad, but I heard it used to be really cheap. Maui's nice, but it's definitely smaller than Oahu in population. We went for lunch at this cafe and had a banana cream pie among other things. Unfortunately, we didn't take a picture. Then we went snorkeling. I'll say this. It's even better in Maui. Water was clear (or so I'm told). I didn't use a prescription snorkel, so I thought the water was cloudy, when actually one could easily see the bottom of the ocean floor. The reef was just a random spot where we went snorkeling. Coral was quick to see and there were plenty of different fishes around. My friends are so lucky. They can do this everyday after work if they wanted. That's how easy it is for them. Best coral of the trip I would say. I think it helps that Maui is less populated. We even saw some whales in the water. Very nice. 

We had a nice team made dinner that night. We decided to try out the grill and make kabobs, except that we forgot to buy the kabob sticks and ending up constructing them with chopsticks. Yes, bear grylls style with wooden chopstick in one hand and knife in the other. The veggies came out really well, though i accidentally marinated and bbqed my friend's cucumber which was supposed to be used for the salad. They have such a nice house, a very modern beachy style. It was so serene.We were really really envious. I'm really happy for them. Dinner was awesome, but it was just more awesome that we could hang out, talk, make dinner together, and really just enjoy each other's company. They were kind enough to let us stay overnight in their guest bedroom. Nicest bedroom of the trip. Thanks, EKP!





No comments:

Post a Comment