Saturday 10 September 2011

Cycling

I bought a bicycle yesterday. A Trek 7.0FX for $359. It's nice. I haven't had a bike since I was probably 7. I'm still not keen on purchasing a car. The car itself, insurance, gasoline... it all adds up. Plus, Toowoomba is a small place. This is also the eco-friendly decision to make. Additionally, I didn't want to be limited by what my legs can do, so biking gives me a slight increase in transportational independence compared to previous.
I purchased a lock. I might make a few other additions. Maybe a carrier rack and kickstand. That's probably it though. My brother had an old helmet from before. It's a tad heavy, but it'll do. I'm also not keen on spending more money than I have to. My thighs are already starting to burn and bulge...

Right now, I'm using it to just casually bike around. I would really like to upgrade to commuting to the hospital with this though. I'll avoid the main streets and just take the smaller streets, but I think it's possible to do so safely. Maybe I'll be like this guy...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Urban_cycling_III.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment